Well, it's been a long time since I've posted, but when I woke up to a sea of snow this morning, I was compelled to write. Anthony and I have been talking about where our next move would be, and when we'd move. I'd like to be in the DC/MD area, Anthony has though about Texas, and we've both thought about Florida. We'd probably be ready to make a move in about 5 years, but we really haven't given any serious thought to timing.
There are so many things I love about living in rural PA. It's safe, the landscape is beautiful (mountains all around), and people are very friendly. We love our little neighborhood and our neighbors are great. We love the family we have at our church, and we love our pastors. But there are days when I really HATE being in State College. For one thing, there's hardly anything to do on the weekends. Even our favorite hangout, Barnes and Noble, is only open until 11pm on weekends. Now, I could very well drive 3 hours in either direction to get to Pittsburgh or Philadelphia for fun, but that means I have to DRIVE FOR 3 HOURS, adding everything that goes along with traveling. I find that seeing gray skies for 6 months out of the year is beginning to take its toll on me. I would take a cold and sunny day over a warm and cloudy day. I need sunshine...it makes me happy and gives me energy. We know that this is a scientific fact too. So, while I love it here, I'm ready to go. I want to see my flowers blooming all year round, even if it's only green leaves. I want more than bare trees and brown, soggy grass.
The pictures in the post capture the 2 landscapes I love the most. I love sunsets in PA...the mountain views are a sight to see. I also love the sight of snow right after it falls...it's so quiet and beautiful. It's just having to go out in the stuff that I hate, along with when it turns brown and slushy from traffic...ugh.
Friday, February 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Gorgeous pictures!!
Interesting post too. If you guys ever moved to Florida, and if Lisa and Jeremy still lived down there, and if we moved there too, I would think I had died and gone to heaven. Well, maybe that's a little strong. But I just feel really sad sometimes that we're all so far apart (physically). It's a fact of life, I know, but it's one I hate.
Wow, I saw your blog after I posted this morning. Can't believe we were thinking the same thing this morning!
Our sunsets aren't to shabby either, with palm trees in the background and stuff. And with the sun shining almost every day, we have a sunset everyday. And it is green and flowery all year round.
I agree with Lori! Snow is great to look at and so nice in pictures. But that is where the fun stops. I have to live with the cold stuff half of the year, so what u complainin' bout? ;P
Post a Comment