Saturday, September 01, 2007

August, a busy and sad month

August was full of traveling for me. First, I went to Brock University in St. Catherine's, Canada to meet with a colleague. I flew into Toronto and stayed in Niagara Falls. The university was about 20 minutes from my hotel, but over an hour to the airport. Trips like these make me love my job. The first morning I was there, I went for a jog along the North end of the Falls...those are the pictures of the falls through all the trees/brush. After my meeting, I went for a long walk along the main part of the Falls, on the Canadian side. I used to come here often when I was an undergrad in Buffalo. It was beautiful. I even caught an amazing glimpse of a rainbow over the top of the Falls. After I checked out of the hotel, I went to the Botanical Gardens and a Butterfly Conservatory. They have a huge horticulture school there, so the students are in charge of designing and maintaining the gardens. Sadly, on this trip, I got a call from my sister letting me know that my grandmother had passed away after having a heart attack. She lived a good, long life though...88 years!

1 comment:

Jean said...

Wow! So much to look at! I just discovered last evening that you updated. The pictures from Canada are amazing. I don't think I've looked at all of them yet. I LOVE those rainbow pictures.

I also was interested in the family pics from your grandmother's funeral. Sometime when we're together I want you to explain who all is who and how they're related to you, etc.