Saturday, April 28, 2007

Long time no...write

I can't believe it's been almost 10 months since I've posted a message! My last blog coincided with the beginning of this past school year, so I can understand what happened. Today happened to be one of those days when I don't have much of anything to do, so I'm really relaxed. I think I enjoy reading blogs more than I enjoy posting. I want to write more, but I think this whole blog thing can become a bit of an addiction.

There is nothing very new from us here in Cow Country, PA, other than making plans to fix up the fixer-upper we bought and haven't fixed up yet. Below is a picture of what our floors will look like in the next few months. It's actually one box of bamboo flooring that we bought to see how we'd like it. We had to take a picture to see what it would actually look like en mass, because it was hard to visualize it as a small patch against the carpet we have now.

The semester is almost over (next week), and this was a great school year for me, even though it felt busier than last year. I've been traveling a lot, as usual, and will be traveling every month for the next few months. All business, except for a person trip to visit Anthony's sister in Sweden that I'm tacking on to a business trip to Norway. Anthony will join me after my conference is over....I'm really excited about it. We plan to stay with his sister Miki and her family in Umea, Sweden for a few days, and then take a train trip through a few neighboring countries. We'll certainly have many pictures to share from that trip.

For now, a picture of our bamboo floor patch will have to suffice.

1 comment:

Jean said...

What a great surprise!! I don't usually even check your blog anymore, because I figured you had decided not to do it anymore. But I clicked on it by mistake a while ago, and I'm so glad I did! I really miss you. It seems like such a long, long time since we were up the first weekend of March. But I know your own dear mother doesn't even see you that often, so I'll try not to complain. I do love the bamboo floors. That will look so amazing! Are you still enjoying that awesome sofa? Can't believe we missed it by two days!

Love, Mom