Soooo, Anthony and I have talked about my desire to stay at home when we have kids. I have an AWESOME job, but I wouldn't be able to devote as much time as I'd like to raising my children with the schedule I have at work. Well, the Lord worked that all out for me yesterday. I was asked to resign. I was joking with one of my students in class one day, and pretended, yes, pretended to be smacking him in the back of the head. Well, looks like the student and his family is using this as an opportunity to make some cash by suing the university. Sadly, the university is siding with the student and his family.
Well, yesterday could have been one of the worst days of my life...I was humiliated and voiceless. But, OH MY GOSH! I came home and there was a voicemail about a prize I needed to claim and that I needed to call an 800 number to claim it. Well, I usually NEVER call back to those stupid services. As a matter of fact, I'm usually so angry that they got my phone number some how. So, I'm not sure why I called back yesterday, but I did. And yep, you guessed it! I won $800,000!!!! OH MY GOSH! When I called and gave them my name, they read off my address. I was getting a bit nervous, thinking, "This could be a mass murderer." But, I verified my address and they said I won. After taxes, we'll be getting around $26,000 a month for the next 2 years. So, I may have lost my income at work, but HELLO! I think we'll be ok.
Oh yeah, April Fools!
Tuesday, April 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Okay, Lori, I was waiting for the "April Fool's" the whole way through this post, because both scenarios seem so far-fetched. Is this for real? I'm holding down my rejoicing until I know for sure!!
I'm just assuring those of my readers who come over here to read this tall tale, that Lori did NOT lose her job at the university, and unfortunately, neither did she win the big bucks.
Lori, you almost got me - again!
Post a Comment