Well, unlike my mother-in-law (see her blog), we DID wake up to a bunch of snow in State College this morning. You can see those "lovely" photos below...the only ones with snow! Ahhh, Florida seems so much sweeter today, especially because "Spring" has supposedly just arrived!!!
When I woke up today, I was wishing it was still last week, when I was in Baltimore. I had another conference to attend by the Inner Harbor, which was absolutely beautiful. It's less than a 3-hr drive from our house in State College, so it will definitely be a mini-getaway for us when the weather gets better. I have pictures of the amazing hotel I stayed in on the Pier. On my last day there (St. Patrick's Day), I went for a walk/jog along the pier and was a bit startled to see people who looked like they were running a marathon...in kilts! Even a black man was in a kilt...ha ha ha! I stopped by Starbucks to get a cup of tea and saw that there was a rest station for the runners across the street. On my way out, I talked to the people who were organizing the run to see what it was for. They said it was a St. Patrick's Day BAR run, and the runners had to visit 6 bars around the harbor...the first one back would win. That would explain a few things I noticed. Many of the runners looked a bit "green" in the face, and they were running very, very slow. They looked extremely tired, and I even thought to myself, "Wow, these runners look so out of shape." I didn't feel so bad huffing and puffing as I passed them jogging. Well, the fact that this was 8:30am tells me that they had to be dedicated boozers. Wow.
Anyway, there are just a number of pictures I took around the harbor...good times. The weather was beautiful on the day I was leaving, so I'm really wishing I was still there today!
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awesome pictures from Baltimore! No wonder you wish to still be there. Have a happy Easter. Wish you were here to help us paint eggs - we'll be starting around 4:30, hint, hint!
Post a Comment