Today we celebrated 4 wonderful years of marriage. It seems like we were just running around yesterday, trying to figure out where we would have our reception, and finally settling on a little bed & breakfast that doubled as a mini-farm (The Inn at Walnut Acres). When we went to look at it, there were huge turkeys running around, and turkey poo all over the ground. Plus, there was the unforgiving stench of cow manure. I remember feeling horrified for fear of what my city-slicker family and friends from New York would think. I had already dealt with them calling me cow country girl for years.
Anthony was out at the Inn at 7am on our wedding day, setting up tables and chairs...IN THE RAIN! I had a peace that morning, knowing that even if it was raining, we were still going to have an awesome time. It continued to rain that morning, but I remember looking out the church windows during the wedding ceremony and seeing the sun shining so bright, it made me squint. I thought, "the Lord is smiling on us." And the sun kept shining the rest of the day.
I sometimes wish I could live that day over again....I was so relaxed and happy. I married the most awesome man in the world...he is such a strong, honest, faithful, ambitious man, and words can't express how much I love him. Every year gets better and better, and I always thank God for the gift of love.
I am attaching 2 pictures from our wedding reception...ahhh, precious memories.
Anthony was out at the Inn at 7am on our wedding day, setting up tables and chairs...IN THE RAIN! I had a peace that morning, knowing that even if it was raining, we were still going to have an awesome time. It continued to rain that morning, but I remember looking out the church windows during the wedding ceremony and seeing the sun shining so bright, it made me squint. I thought, "the Lord is smiling on us." And the sun kept shining the rest of the day.
I sometimes wish I could live that day over again....I was so relaxed and happy. I married the most awesome man in the world...he is such a strong, honest, faithful, ambitious man, and words can't express how much I love him. Every year gets better and better, and I always thank God for the gift of love.
I am attaching 2 pictures from our wedding reception...ahhh, precious memories.
2 comments:
Precious memories, indeed! I also will never forget seeing that bright sun! The coolest thing was finding out later that State College area was pretty much the only place that experienced any sun and warmer temps that day. Down in Lancaster County it stayed rainly and cool all day long, and they were PRAYING for us!!
What a great day, what a great God!
PS: In case you didn't check my blog later last evening, I posted my favorite picture of you two.
Post a Comment