Monday, May 05, 2008

Lazy Spring Days

My semester is almost over. I'm done with teaching, but I still have a truck-load of grading to do. Anthony and I did some yard work this past Saturday, and although I love gardening, I can't stand weeding. I cleaned out my flower beds in front, which wasn't very hard (although my hamstrings beg to differ).

After a long day of work, we relaxed on the deck, which we almost NEVER do. I recently realized that someone who works 70 hours a week should be able to relax when she comes home. And realizing how good it felt after all that work on Saturday, we made a decision. This is first time in my life that I will be hiring someone to work/clean my garden, and....clean my house! I thought I would never have someone else clean my house, but I think I can get used to it. We are hiring a couple that was recommended to me from one of my colleagues at work...this is the first week! I imagine I am going to be much less stressed out this summer...it should be a good one.

I want more lazy days...of spring, summer...heck, every season! I want to be more like my lazy cats.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Sounds wonderful!! Sure hope we get to see you guys sometime.