Well, it's been over 2 months since we've posted our last blog. Much has happened since then. The semester ended, and not a day too soon. After a pretty rough semester, it actually turned out okay in the end. I was convinced that my students hated me, but I got many pleasant and affirming emails at the end of the semester. I even managed to slug a positive rating on ratemyprofessor.com, where college students highly rate and berate their professors. I must say though, that I am glad the semester is over.
The week after finals was busy too. After several false alarms, our new goddaughter, Reid Karielle (spelling corrected after this was first posted-thanks Mama Sonya!!!), was born on May 2nd to happy parents Juan and Sonya and an ecstatic big brother, Vidal. I have pictures above of Sonya, Vidal and Reid (Juan was too busy taking pictures). I was supposed to be in the delivery room while Sonya was giving birth. They called at 7am to say that she was 6 centimeters around 6am. Because Sonya was in labor for over 30 hours with Vidal, I figured I had time to get there. The hospital is only 5 minutes from our house - we got there just at 8:30am and I was shocked to walk in and see Sonya coddling her baby. She was born at 8:10am. I was so disappointed to have missed the birth. Usually I would be scared to watch it all happen, but as Anthony and I get closer to someday getting pregnant, I really want to see what the birthing process was like. Reid had the sweetest little cry..she sounded like a little kitten. I was so amazed by Sonya and her strength...she didn't even look like someone who had given birth just 20 minutes before. She looked so beautiful, and was walking around being her silly self that night! We're going to enjoy watching Reid grow up.
The day after Reid was born I had foot surgery to re-align my left big toe in order to remove a bunion. They didn't put me all the way under, just in a light sleep-wake state, although I do remember hearing a saw at one point during the surgery. The stuff they give you makes you not care if they were cutting your toe off...which, er, they actually did. They had to cut the bone, realign the toe, and put a pin between the bones to straighten it out. I can't even explain how much pain I was in, but the worst is over. Praise God for the pharmaceutical companies who make the good stuff to keep you happy in the midst of pain!
Other things that have happened since our last blog include Anthony preaching about financial stewardship in May. You'll see a picture of him in his fancy stewardship suit, which would make him look like a mafia dude if he had a big gold watch on and a cigar hanging out his mouth. He's been busy with his band working on a new demo. Can't wait for them to start playing out again.
The photos above capture most of the fun things that have absorbed our time over the past month or so. Fun on Easter weekend with Anthony's family in Lancaster county, baby Reid's birth, our 3rd anniversary, and our church's Memorial Day picnic. Don't have any pictures of the foot though...I'll spare you the gore. I would end by promising to post more often, but I don't like to break promises. Enjoy.
Lori
Tuesday, May 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey...we love you guys, but our daughter's name is Reid Karielle. Yeah...that's with a K, I mean really. Are you sure that you're the God-Parents? I mean reeeeeeaaaaallllllly!
Pysche, but no, it's with a K. Love you!
Hey I love reading this excerpt. I can't wait to hear the blog about you guys when you get preggo! Vidal took 22 hours, Reid 6 and some change so yours will be about 14 hours or less...the average of mine :-). Hey we miss you! We're going to see Cars this week.
Post a Comment